Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This dessert is delicious with Spanish dessert wines.
- 1 liter milk
- 200 grams of short round arborio rice (or paella rice / risotto rice)
- 100 grams of sugar (white or brown, depending on preference)
- 250 ml water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- grated zest of one lemon
- ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick (for boiling)
- cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- Place the water, rice, cinnamon stick, lemon zest, salt and sugar in a saucepan or pot and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, lower heat, cover and let simmer until the water is nearly all absorbed (keep checking every minute, so as not to burn).
- Add the milk when most of the water has absorbed and continue cooking until the rice is extra tender and “bloated”.
- Stir and the texture should be creamy.
- Add a splash more milk if necessary (whole fat).
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Serve the arroz con leche warm (or chilled), and garnish with cinnamon powder on top and cinnamon sticks on the side.