Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yellow rice with crab
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 tablespoons annatto oil
- 12 crabs, cooked, or 1 pound lump crabmeat
- ½ cup basic recaito (sofrito)
- ½ cup manzanilla olives, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 cups parboiled long-grain rice
- 4 to 4½ cups boiling water (you can use the same water used to cook the crabs)
- Heat the oil in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add the crabs or crabmeat, recaito, olives, and tomato sauce.
- Saute over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.