Yellow rice with crab
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 tablespoons annatto oil
- 12 crabs, cooked, or 1 pound lump crabmeat
- ½ cup basic recaito (sofrito)
- ½ cup manzanilla olives, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 cups parboiled long-grain rice
- 4 to 4½ cups boiling water (you can use the same water used to cook the crabs)
- Heat the oil in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add the crabs or crabmeat, recaito, olives, and tomato sauce.
- Saute over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.