- Makes 4 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1¾ cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ½ cup cooked carrots, diced
- Cook rice in hot oil in 2- to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in onion and garlic; cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and cumin. Heat to boiling; stir once or twice. Lower heat to simmer; cover with tight-fitting lid.
- Cook 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.