- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet and sauté the rice for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the onion, green pepper, garlic cloves, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and continue stirring until the onions are transparent.
- Add the chicken broth, stir, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.