Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Manteiga brown rice and bananas
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium green peppers
- ½ cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 medium bananas
- Pour the brown rice, tomato juice, and 2 cups water in a 2-quart pot over high heat.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is done (45 to 50 minutes).
- Meanwhile, slice onions and green peppers and sauté in ¼ cup peanut oil until onions are soft.
- Add curry powder, salt, and pepper; mix well, heat for 1 minute.
- Add ¼ cup water, tomatoes, and peanut butter.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the remaining ¼ cup peanut oil.
- Peel bananas and cut into ½-inch slices.
- Sauté bananas until lightly golden on both sides.
- To serve, place the rice in a serving platter, pour the onion sauce over the rice and top with the fried bananas.
- This dish goes well with grilled chicken, pork or beef.