Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
White rice with salt pork
- Wash salt pork under cold running water and remove all the salt that is on it.
- Pat dry with a clean paper towel and cut in ½ inch pieces.
- In a frying pan pour in about ½ teaspoon of olive oil just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Bring heat up to medium, once the pan is hot place salt pork in pan.
- Once the pan starts to sizzle turn the salt pork until all sides are a nice golden in color and almost dry in texture.
- Remove and let drain on a paper towel, at this time you can dispose of all but 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mixture of oil and pork grease in the frying pan.
- Wash and drain rice as you did in the plain white rice recipe.
- But this time i want you take the 1 to 2 table spoons of oil you saved form the frying pan and pour it into a 2 quart pot that you have placed on the stove.
- Turn up the heat and place the washed rice in to it.
- Stir rice until you have completely coated it with the oil.
- Make sure that the heat is not so high that it will burn the rice.
- Once the rice has been well coated pour in the water raise heat and put in the salt pork stirring into the rice.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and cover let cook for about 30 minutes undisturbed.
- At then of the 30 minute cooking time turn heat off and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.