Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Although Ayrshire is traditionally the county where the best potatoes are grown, Arran Chief is a particularly good, waxy variety, ideal for salads. Of course, you can use any available variety which produces a firm, waxy texture when cooked.
- 10 waxy potatoes, diced
- 4 ounces (100 g) shelled fresh peas (or frozen peas)
- 4 ounces cooked beetroot (red beets) diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) salad dressing or salad cream
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for ten minutes or until tender.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Cook the peas separately for about five minutes or until tender and then drain.
- While the vegetables are still warm, mix together and stir in the chopped parsley and onion and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in the salad dressing (or salad cream) to moisten, and garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley.