- 225 g Thai jasmine rice
- 425 ml water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 1 whole red chile
- 2½ cm fresh gingerroot, peeled and bruised
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan and let stand for five minutes.
- Cover the pan and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to stand covered for five further minutes.
- Remove the flavourings, if wished, and pile into a serving dish.
- Serve immediately, while very hot.