Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 4
- 1 lb. black tiger Shrimp, shelled and de-veined (can substitute thinly sliced Chicken breast)
- 1/2 cup minced lemongrass
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro stems (the product of one large bunch)
- 1 tsp chopped galangal
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 8 medium-sized garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp kaffir lime leaves, de-veined
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 1 ripe cubanelle pepper, cut into 1 inch diagonal slices (red bell peppers are an adequate substitute)
- 6 oz asparagus cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
- 6 oz savoy cabbage cut into 1 inch diagonal slices
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil of choice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Add to blender: cilantro, galangal, lemongrass, coriander seeds, garlic, kaffir lime leaves and water.
- Blend into a very smooth paste and set aside.
- Soak the tamarind pulp in about 4 tablespoons of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scrape the flesh away from the pulp to release the tamarind flavor into the water.
- Discard the pulp. Set the tamarind juice aside.
- In a wok (a 12-inch sauté pan is an adequate substitute) over high heat add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add the paste and stir constantly for approximately 2 minutes, until the aroma is released.
- Transfer the cooked paste into a bowl.
- Add the remaining tablespoons of oil to the wok. Add the Shrimp and stir fry for 15 seconds.
- Add all of the sliced vegetables and stir fry for 3 to for minutes, until the vegetables have reached your desired tenderness.
- Add the paste, chicken stock, salt, Sugar, and tamarind juice and stir fry for two more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and served immediately.