Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 200ml olive oil
- 1k Lamb, cut in large pieces
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 300ml red wine
- 1 kg spinach, washed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over moderate to high heat. Saute Lamb in the olive oil until browned all over. Add in the Onion and garlic and fry until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Dilute the tomato puree with the wine and pour it onto the meat, adding the cinnamon. Mix very well adding hot water or vegetable stock to just cover the meat. Cover the pan and simmer for one hour.
- Add the spinach and season well with salt and pepper. Add the juice of one lemon and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add parsley and serve with rice.