Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TB Olive oil
- flour - enough for soft dough
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- salt - pinch
- 1/*2 cup Vegetable oil
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then add yolks and beat well.
- Add salt, vanilla and baking powder.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Let stand 1 hour covered. Divide dough into 2 balls.
- Roll out each ball as thin as possible.
- Cut into strips 1-inch wide.
- Melt 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 1/2 cup shortening in deep pan.
- When the oil and shortening is melted and hot, roll the 1-inch strips of dough on a fork and place in the oil and continue curling the strips as you go along.
- Cook to a slight brown color and put on paper towels to absorb the oil and drain.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or make syrup.
- Boil all ingredients together in a heavy pan for 30 minutes. And cool.
- Pour over finished dessert of dough curls.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.