Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Armenian coffee
- 3 lumps Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cardamom
- Measure one demi-tasse cup of water for each cup desired into the "Imrik", and heat it until it is lukewarm.
- Add one heaped teaspoon of Armenian coffee and one teaspoon sugar for each cup, and stir it. Amounts may vary according to taste.
- As the mixture begins to boil, a thick foam should form. Stir it once or twice. As the foam begins to rise, take the pot off the heat, so that the foam will sink down.
- Put it on again; a moment later the foam will rise again. Do this three times so that the coffee grains are well cooked. Now it is ready to serve.
- Pour a little foam in all of the cups first, then pour the remainder of coffee, filling to the brim.
- Add the cardamom with the coffee grinds in order to make it properly.