Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You don’t have to live in Boston to enjoy these beans.
- 2 cups navy beans, white beans, or great northern beans
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ lb. salt pork
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 5 tbsp dark-brown sugar
- 4 tbsp molasses
- Wash the beans thoroughly.
- Soak overnight in water to cover.
- Add salt, stir and drain, reserving the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Cut off a third of the salt pork and place it on the bottom of the bean pot.
- Add the beans.
- Blend the mustard, brown sugar, and molasses with the reserved bean liquid and pour over the beans
- Cover and bake for 6½ hours, adding water as needed.
- Uncover for the final hour of cooking.
- Taste and add salt if desired.