- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup poppy seed
- 2 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon Glaze Edit
- 2 cups confectioners' Sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Mix all ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan or tube pan.
- Beat Sugar and butter in a large bowl on medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat into Sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk until well blended.
- Stir in poppy seed, lemon peel and lemon juice. Spread in pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Immediately poke holes in top of cake with a long-tined fork.
- Pour about two-thirds of the lemon Glaze over the top. Cool 20 minutes.
- Invert onto a serving plate. Remove pan. Spread with remaining glaze.