Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 2/3 cup nuts (I'd personally use almonds or hazelnuts)
- 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons chilled soymarg, cut into small pieces
- 2 1/4 pounds Granny Smith apples (about 6 medium), peeled, quartered, cored, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1/2 cup soy sour cream *or* 1 container of plain soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 prepared pie crust
- For streusel: Combine nuts, brown sugar, cornmeal, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in processor. Using on/off turns, process until nuts are finely chopped.
- Add soymarg and process until small moist clumps form.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- For filling: Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375 °F.
- Toss Apples with sour cream or yogurt in large bowl to coat.
- Mix Sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in small bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over Apples and toss to coat.
- Transfer filling to prepared crust. Sprinkle streusel over Apples, covering completely.
- Bake pie until Apples are tender and streusel is golden, tenting pie with foil if streusel browns too quickly, about 1 hour.
- Transfer pie to rack and cool slightly.