- large pinch saffron threads
- 4 California avocados
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup finely chopped white onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp chopped, fresh thyme leaves
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- Lightly toast saffron threads in a dry frying pan (take care not to burn)
- Pulverize in a mortar and pestle.
- Coarsely mash (do not purée) California avocados.
- Fold in remaining ingredients and reserved saffron.
- Serve with purple potato and sweet potato chips.
- Guacamole is best made as close to service as possible.
- Store in an airtight container with plastic wrap against the surface of the guacamole.