An Argentine asado or barbecue is not authentic without this delicious marinade called chimichuri. it is similar to a multi spiced vinaigrette and is given an earthier tone with the addition of saffron. I serve this with poultry or shellfish and brush it on top of garlic bread before toasting.
- 7 servings
- 5 minutes prep
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- ½ cup virgin olive oil (120 ml)
- ½ cup white wine vinegar (120 ml)
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Powder threads and steep in lemon juice for 20 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients with whisk and store in covered jar.