Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An Argentine asado or barbecue is not authentic without this delicious marinade called chimichuri. it is similar to a multi spiced vinaigrette and is given an earthier tone with the addition of saffron. I serve this with poultry or shellfish and brush it on top of garlic bread before toasting.
- 7 servings
- 5 minutes prep
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- ½ cup virgin olive oil (120 ml)
- ½ cup white wine vinegar (120 ml)
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Powder threads and steep in lemon juice for 20 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients with whisk and store in covered jar.