Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I found this one on line while I was putzing around. It sounded good and it seemed quick and easy so I gave it a shot. The flavor was marvelous. It lived up to my expectations.
- 4 servings
- 45 minutes 30 mins prep
- 4 chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 yellow onions, cut into eighths
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- bamboo skewers
- ½ cup oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika (www.worldspice.com has the real stuff)
- ½ teaspoon fresh Mexican oregano
- kosher salt
- black peppercorns
- Soak the skewers for an hour.
- Set charcoal alight.
- In your handy mortar grind the oil, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt, and peppercorns.
- Skin, debone, and de-fat the chicken.
- Cut into ½ cubes.
- Rinse, pat dry, stir into marinade.
- Coat well.
- Thread the onion, chicken, peppers, and cherry tomatoes alternately onto the skewers.
- Grill over medium coals for 15-20 minutes 'til everything is done.
- This works well grilled over a hibachi or other small grill on a picnic.
- Prepare everything at home and do the grilling at the picnic site.
- It's almost as good cooked under the broiler at home.