Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
4-6 servings 1 hour 30 mins prep
- 1 lb sea scallops or bay scallops, rinsed (if using sea scallops, cut into bite-size pieces)
- 8 limes, juice of
- 1¼ cups chopped onions
- ½ cup Spanish olives, pits removed and sliced into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive brine, from jar
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped,with juice reserved
- 1 (14 ounces) bottle Heinz® hot ketchup (or 1¾ cups plain ketchup mixed with 1 tablespoon dried red pepper flakes)
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried oregano
- In a glass or ceramic bowl, cover the scallops with the lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the remaining ingredients in a separate nonreactive bowl.
- Cover the sauce and keep at room temperature.
- When the scallops are"cooked," drain in a colander.
- Rinse under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add the scallops to the sauce, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight until ready to serve.