Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Artichoke with meat
- 12 artichoke heads
- 14 oz minced meat
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fried pine nuts
- 2 tbsp butter for frying meat and onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup finely chopped boiled carrots (optional)
- a dash of ground pepper
- a dash of ground allspice
- a dash of flour
- 2 cups water for cooking artichokes
- Cover artichoke heads with water, flour and lemon juice.
- boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove and fry in some butter.
- Place aside.
- Fry onion until soft.
- Stir in meat, salt, and spice.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove meat from heat.
- Stir in carrots.
- Distribute meat mixture over prepared artichokes.
- Place in a tray.
- Add water.
- Cover and cook over moderate heat for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Serve artichokes hot, garnished with pine nuts and accompanied by cooked rice, radishes and lemon.