Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 10 inch tube pan
- 1 cup of sour cream
- ½ cup melted butter (no margarine)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cakes yeast
- 3 eggs
- 4½ cups of flour
Mixture to roll dough in Edit
- Mix sour cream, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Stir until yeast dissolves.
- Add eggs, softened butter and half the flour.
- Mix well and add rest of flour.
- Turn dough out on floured board and knead until smooth for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk for about 1½ to 2 hours.
- Punch dough down.
- Turn over and let rise again for 45 minutes.
- After second rising, form into walnut-sized balls.
- Melt butter in small cup.
- Dip each ball in melted butter and roll in sugar and walnut and cinnamon mixture.
- Place in layers in 10-inch greased tube pan.
- Sprinkle any remaining sugar-nut mixture or melted butter over the top layer of balls.
- Cover pan with waxed paper and towel and let dough rise again 45 minutes.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes at 375 °F or until golden brown.
- Run spatula around sides of coffee cake, and invert onto plate.