Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 cups tea, strong
- 1 lb prunes, pitted
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup walnuts, pieces
- ½ cup crème fraîche (or whipped cream)
- Brew 3 cups very strong black tea, such as Irish Breakfast.
- Transfer to a large bowl while still hot. Add 1 lb. pitted prunes and soak overnight.
- Remove prunes with a slotted spoon to a clean work surface and set aside.
- Transfer tea to a medium saucepan and add 1/2 cup Sugar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce tea until it is the consistency of a thin syrup, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stuff each prune (into the slit made when pitting prune) with a large walnut piece.
- Place stuffed prunes in a large shallow bowl or platter, in concentric circles.
- Pour tea syrup over prunes and cool to room temperature.
- Serve with crème fraîche on the side.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week.