Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pine nuts are among the more notable supposed aphrodisiacs, and this is a delicious way to showcase them. To make it even more sensual, as well as colorful, add some diced avocado. This is very tasty dish that comes together very quickly.
- Serves 3.
- 1 tbsp margarine
- ½ small onion minced
- ½ medium carrot diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup dark raisins plumped in hot water 5 – 10 minutes
- ½ cup couscous
- 2 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a saucepan.
- Add onion and carrot; saute until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and raisins, raise heat to high and bring liquid to a boil.
- Add couscous, stir briefly, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in pine nuts and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.