This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Crawford Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup apricot yogurt
- 2½ cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- Mix all ingredients together except preserves and beat well until smooth.
- Pour into greased round cake pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Heat preserves in saucepan stirring constantly until almost boiling.
- Remove from heat and cool 2 minutes then spread over cake and cool before serving.