Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/2 cup soy margarine or butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup low-fat vanilla soymilk
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbs. orange zest
- 1/2 cup pecans, crushed
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 fresh apricots, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup orange juice, optional
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, optional
3. Add soymilk and orange extract, beating until well combined. Add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder, and beat batter on low speed for about 1 minute, or until smooth. Fold orange zest, pecans and dried apricots in by hand just until incorporated. Spoon batter into prepared bread pan. Place apricot halves on surface down center of loaf.
4. Bake for about 1 hour, or until top is golden and a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, take bread from pan and cool loaf on rack until just warm. Stir together orange juice and Sugar, if using, and drizzle mixture over top, letting Sugar mixture firm before slicing.