Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: South Idaho Press, Tuesday, November 21, 2006
- Typed By: Susan Godfrey
- Makes 16 Cookies
- 1 cup Sun-Maid California apricots, chopped
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ⅔ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup apricot jam
- Place apricots in small bowl and cover with warm water; soak 10 minutes.
- Pour off water and pat dry.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Add flour and baking soda; mix well.
- Stir in oats and walnuts.
- Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture into 8-inch square pan.
- Combine chopped apricots and jam.
- Spread apricot mixture to within ½ inch of edges.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture; press lightly.
- Bake at 375 °F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan; cut into bars.