Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: South Idaho Press, Tuesday, November 21, 2006
- Typed By: Susan Godfrey
- Makes 16 Cookies
- 1 cup Sun-Maid California apricots, chopped
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ⅔ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup apricot jam
- Place apricots in small bowl and cover with warm water; soak 10 minutes.
- Pour off water and pat dry.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Add flour and baking soda; mix well.
- Stir in oats and walnuts.
- Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture into 8-inch square pan.
- Combine chopped apricots and jam.
- Spread apricot mixture to within ½ inch of edges.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture; press lightly.
- Bake at 375 °F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan; cut into bars.