This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Sergeant Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1993.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¾ cup apricot apple butter
- ½ cup dried apricots chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup drained crushed pineapple
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup Fruit Sweet
- Combine eggs, butter, apple butter, pineapple and apricots until thoroughly blended.
- Mix flour and baking soda then combine with egg mixture alternately with fruit sweet.
- Mix until batter is smooth then bake in a greased and floured pan at 340 °F for 40 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven then cool and turn out and cool completely.