Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In medium bowl, beat Sugar and Butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in egg and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and add, beat on low speed until dough is smooth, scraping down sides of bowl frequently with a rubber spatula.
- Wrap Dough and refrigerate 2-3 hours, until firm.
- Meanwhile, finely chop dried apricots.
- In a small bowl stir together apricots and Honey.
- Set apricot filling aside at room temperature until dough has chilled.
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Between pieces of waxed paper, roll out dough ⅛" thick.
- Cut out cookies with 2" round cutter.
- Reroll scraps to make additional cookies.
- Place half of cookies 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Spoon about ½ teaspoon apricot filling into center of cookies.
- Moisten edges of cookies with water and top with remaining cookies to make a sandwich.
- Press edges together with fingertips to seal.
- Pierce center of each "pillow" with tines of fork.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Let cookies cool 2 minutes on sheets, then remove to racks and cool completely.
- Store in a tightly covered container.