Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Tort de caise
- 12 oz/350 g flour
- 4 oz/100 g butter or margarine
- 4 oz/100 g sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- grated lemon peel
- confectioner's sugar
- Beat the butter with the Sugar, then with egg.
- Add the sour cream, vinegar, vanilla, lemon peel and mix well.
- Add the flour and knead a dough which you then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- (The dough can be made the night before and refrigerated overnight.)
- Divide the dough in two and roll each part into a round sheet.
- Grease the cake pan, lay the first sheet in and bake.
- When the dough has risen and has started to become a little crusty, lay the apricot halves, sprinkle with the 3 tablespoons Sugar and cover with the second sheet.
- Place again in the oven, at medium heat and bake until golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan, then turn onto a plate and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- (You may use sour cherries instead of apricots.)