Who says apricots are affordable for great food preparation? This divine fruit dish is made and mixed with real flour, sugar, butter, cloves, and cinnamon, and is good for dessert, as it keeps a blissful aroma with the fruit and spices.
- 1 kilo (2 ¼ pounds) fresh apricots (approximately)
- 1 ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar, brown or white only
- 185 grams (6 ounces) butter
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat an oven to 375 °F.
- Slice apricots in half and discard the stone.
- Cover the bottom of a shallow, buttered oven-proof dish with two layers of apricots.
- Place flour, sugar, butter, cloves and ground cinnamon into a food processor and blend until it is like bread crumbs.
- Spread mixture on top of apricots.
- Bake in a preheated 375 °F oven for approximately 50 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Serve with custard or cream.