Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Marcello Estate in Denton, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 eggs separated
- ¾ cup milk
- 17 ounce package pound cake mix
- 30 ounce can apricot halves drained
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Beat together 2 yolks and milk then add ½ cup to pound cake mix.
- Beat 1 minute at medium low speed of electric mixer.
- Add remaining milk mixture then beat 2 minutes at medium low speed.
- Reserve 8 apricots.
- Add remaining drained apricots to batter and mix until fairly broken up.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a greased rectangular baking pan.
- Combine next 4 ingredients and reserve ½ cup.
- Stir remaining egg yolk into remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Drop by spoonfuls over cake batter then run spatula through batter for marbled effect.
- Bake in preheated 325 °F oven for 50 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- At serving time cut cake into squares.
- Serve topped with reserved cream cheese mixture and reserved sliced apricots.