- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Combine flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt.
- Add butter and mix together with fingertips or pastry cutter.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until a soft dough is formed.
- Press along bottom and three quarters up the side of a spring-form pan.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 °F.
- Drain apricot halves and puree in blender.
- In large mixing bowl, combine apricot puree and cornstarch.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended (mixture will remain slightly lumpy).
- Pour filling into prepared crust and bake for 1½ hours or until custard is set and top is golden.
- Best if served at room temperature.
- If desired, serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Prepared pie crust may be substituted.