Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An easy one-dish stew. Can be made ahead and frozen.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, large cubes
- 1½ cups finely chopped onion
- 14 ounces canned apricot halves, with juice - processed in blender
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place stew meat in 3- quart casserole dish. Sprinkle onion over top.
- Bake, uncovered, in 400 °F oven for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 °F.
- Add remaining 9 ingredients. Stir. Cover.
- Bake for 2½ to 3 hours until very tender.
- Note: the apricot flavor is mild but noticeable.