Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Apricot-Glazed Salmon from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- low-fat cooking spray
- 1 x 12-ounce fresh skinless salmon fillet, about an inch thick
- 1½ cups apricot nectar (juice)
- ⅓ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, stir in all ingredients except salmon and cooking spray.
- Bring to a boil at medium-high then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Move oven rack to about 4 inches below broiler then turn on broiler.
- Spray a broiler pan with low fat cooking spray then center salmon on pan
- Broil for about 10–12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Use a pastry brush to baste the fish with some of the apricot glaze every 3 – 4 minutes.
- Serve salmon with glaze.