Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings, 2 kebobs each
- 1 x 8-ounce can sliced pineapple (drain; reserve juice)
- ⅔ cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1½ pounds fully cooked ham, cut in 48 cubes (1¼ inches each)
- 3 medium pears, cut into eighths
- 2 green peppers, cut into 48 squares (1 inch each)
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Quarter 3 pineapple slices; set aside.
- Use remaining slice another time.
- Combine pineapple juice, preserves, lemon juice, mustard, cinnamon, cloves and salt in 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch into chicken broth; add to mixture.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until clear and thickened.
- Using 12 skewers*, alternately thread 4 pieces each of ham and peppers, 2 pieces of pears and 1 piece of pineapple on each.
- Brush kebobs with sauce.
- Broil 5 inches from heat 10 or 15 minutes, turning and brushing frequently with sauce.
- Serve over fluffy rice.
- Pass remaining sauce.