Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pappas Estate in Roanoke, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounce package dried peaches
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup apricot jam
- parsley sprigs
- Season chicken with salt and garlic powder.
- Place peaches and raisins in bottom of buttered rectangular baking pan.
- Top with chicken pieces then brush with melted butter.
- Drizzle ¾ cup wine over then cover loosely with foil and bake at 325 °F for 45 minutes.
- Warm apricot jam in small saucepan then press jam through sieve into bowl.
- Stir in remaining wine.
- Uncover chicken and baste with apricot wine mixture.
- Continue baking at 325 °F uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Baste frequently until chicken is tender and deeply glazed.
- Garnish with parsley.