This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pappas Estate in Roanoke, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounce package dried peaches
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup apricot jam
- parsley sprigs
- Season chicken with salt and garlic powder.
- Place peaches and raisins in bottom of buttered rectangular baking pan.
- Top with chicken pieces then brush with melted butter.
- Drizzle ¾ cup wine over then cover loosely with foil and bake at 325 °F for 45 minutes.
- Warm apricot jam in small saucepan then press jam through sieve into bowl.
- Stir in remaining wine.
- Uncover chicken and baste with apricot wine mixture.
- Continue baking at 325 °F uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Baste frequently until chicken is tender and deeply glazed.
- Garnish with parsley.