Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If you follow the 1 tsp sugar per serving guideline of ADA, or try using part sugar / part artificial sweetener to cut down on calories. The original recipe is almost like cake.
- 16 big servings, 24 servings
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Combine oil, applesauce and cocoa.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- mix dry ingredients together and stir into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured (or wax paper lined and sprayed) 9 inch square pan.
- sprinkle on nuts (still tastes good if you forget).
- Bake about 20 to 30 minutes or until top is set but edges are not dried out.
- Toothpick will come out clean.
- Cut into 16 or more squares.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1/16 recipe:
- 165 calories| 3 grams protein| 27 grams carbohydrate| 7 grams fat| 84mg sodium
- Exchanges: 1 starch | 1 fat | 1 fruit
Per 1/24 recipe
- 110 calories | 2 grams protein| 18 grams carbohydrate| 5 grams fat| 56mg sodium