Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yield: 16 Cookies
- 1 c Plus 3 Tbsp. All-Purpose
- flour; Unsifted
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1/4 ts salt
- 1 ts Ground cinnamon
- 1 ts nutmeg; Freshly Grated
- 1/2 ts ground ginger
- 1/4 ts Ground allspice
- 1/3 c Raisins
- 6 tb unsalted butter And
- 1 tb Solid shortening; Melted
- Together And Cooled
- 3/4 c dark brown sugar; Packed
- 2 Extra-Large eggs
- 2 ts vanilla extract
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 1/3 c Pitted dates; Coarse Chopped
Confectioners' sugar (opt'l)
Preheat The Oven to 350 Degrees. Film The Inside of a 9-by-9-by-2-InchBaking Pan With Nonstick cooking spray.
Stir Together The flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, GingerAnd allspice in a Large Mixing Bowl. Toss The Raisins With 1 Tsp. of TheFlour Mixture And Set Aside. in a Small Bowl, Whisk Together TheButter-shortening Mixture, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract AndApplesauce. Pour The Liquid Ingredients Over The flour Mixture, Add TheRaisins And dates, And Stir to Form a Batter.
Spoon The Batter Into The Prepared Pan. Bake in The Preheated Oven For
- 22 to 24 minutes., or Until Set. Place on a Cooling Rack And Cool Completely.Cut Into 16 Squares. For Serving, Sift a Little Confectioners' sugar Over The Top of The Squares, if You Wish. (makes
- 16 Bar Cookies)