- Sauté onions in small amount of oil until soft but not brown.
- Add apples and cover pot and cook over lowest possible light until they are soft, stirring occasionally. Apples should let out some juice.
- If they do not, add a small amount of water just to keep them from drying up or burning.
- When they are soft and glazed looking, add one shake of salt, ¼ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp sugar or substitute.
- Stir, cover and cook another five minutes.
- Add more sugar or cinnamon if you wish, but keep the taste delicate.