Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An easy French dessert. I'd never heard of this dessert until I ate it in a small hotel at the foot of the French Pyrenees. I came back home and was able to find this recipe on the internet—I believe a French cuisine website, but the name escapes me. Quick, easy, and yummy, too. Preparation time includes resting time.
- 8 ounces plain flour
- 4 ounces sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2 lbs apples or pears, peeled seeded,and chopped
- Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into a bowl.
- Make a well in the center of mixture and add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix in well to form a smooth batter.
- Add 4 tbs of the melted butter.
- Let batter stand for 30 minutes while preparing the fruit.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 °F.
- Butter an 8 inch round cake tin.
- Stir the fruit into the batter and pour into the tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Serve warm, or cold.