Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Cube bread and toss in a large bowl with raisins and caraway seeds.
- Stale bread may be used instead of fresh.
- Toss apples in a bowl with bread cubes.
- Combine apple and sunflower butter (or tahini), 1 cup water, miso, amazake or soy milk, then pour liquid mixture over apples and bread.
- Stir to coat.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 2-quart casserole dish or two 9-inch pie plates or cake pans.
- Cover with lid (oven-proof).
- Allow mixture to sit for 2 to 4 hours before baking so bread will soak up flavors.
- Bake covered at 350 °F for 1 hour or until slightly firm and mixture pulls away from sides slightly.
- Then remove from oven and spoon into individual dessert cups, an ice cream scooper works well.
- Allow to cool slightly and then serve.