Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is sinfully delicious. A couple tablespoons of brandy couldn't hurt it either!
- 4 eggs
- 1 lbs creamed cottage cheese
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt, optional
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup green apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup dark raisins
- ½ lbs medium-width egg noodles slightly undercooked and drained (4 cups)
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- ½ cup cornflake crumbs
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, blanched
- In large bowl beat eggs with cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Stir in apples, raisins, and noodles until well mixed.
- Pour into buttered 12x8x2-inch baking dish.
- In small saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in cornflake crumbs and almonds.
- Spoon over noodle mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350 °F oven 40 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- If desired, serve with sour cream and garnish with ground nutmeg.