Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Another popular St. Patrick's Day dish.
- 4 tablespoons pearl barley
- 1½ pounds apples
- 2 ounces sugar
- ¾ tablespoon double cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 liter water
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Place barley in saucepan with 1 liter of water and bring to a boil.
- Bring heat to low and add sliced apples.
- Continue cooking until barley and apples are soft.
- Place barley and apples in a blender and process to a chunky consistency.
- Put back in the saucepan.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and bring to a boil again.
- Remove from heat.
- Place pudding mixture in a rectangular container and allow to cool before placing it in the fridge to chill.
- Serve chilled with cream stirred in.