Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The light texture of gluten-free flour lends itself particularly well to pancakes. Additionally, pancakes and waffles made with gluten-free flour don't need stabilizers required for many other baked goods. With apples and walnuts folded into the batter, these pancakes make breakfast or brunch a real treat. Serve with butter and warm maple syrup or honey.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into ¼ inch dice
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour (such as Bob's Red Mill, Arrowhead Mills or Sylvan Border Farm)
- 2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- In small skillet, melt butter over medium heat and sauté apples until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add walnuts and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
- Make well in center of dry ingredients.
- Whisk in milk and eggs until smooth.
- Stir in apple walnut mixture.
- Heat large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute.
- Brush griddle lightly with butter.
- For each pancake, drop ¼ cup of batter onto griddle, spacing pancakes apart.
- Cook until golden on bottom and bubbles start to form on surface, about 3 minutes.
- Turn pancakes over.
- Cook until golden on bottom, about 2 minutes longer.
- Repeat with remaining batter, brushing griddle with butter before each batch of pancakes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 pancake / 90 g-wt.):
- 200 calories (70 from fat) | 8g total fat | 2.5g saturated fat | 5g protein | 27g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 5g sugar) | 40mg cholesterol | 200mg sodium