Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 8 servings
- 4 slices firm-textured white bread
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups cold 2-percent low-fat milk
- ½ cups thawed frozen egg substitute
- prepared box of sugar-free vanilla pudding and pie filling
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly brush bread slices with margarine; cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place in shallow 1½-quart baking dish.
- Add apples and walnuts; toss lightly.
- Pour milk, egg substitute and vanilla into large mixing bowl.
- Beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add pudding mix and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; whisk until well blended.
- Pour over bread mixture; sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 130 | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Carbohydrate: 17g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 190mg