Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pioneer and Indian Recipes by the Whitman National Historic Site, National Parks Service, US Department of the Interior, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 4-5 slices of buttered bread
- 1 can sweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 pint milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Line the bottom of a pudding dish with buttered bread and cover with apple sauce.
- Repeat until dish is half-full, finishing the layering with the bread on top.
- Mix eggs, milk, sugar, and salt.
- Pour this mixture over bread and sauce.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes or until set.
- Serve cold with cream, sugar, and nutmeg gratings or cinnamon.