- Apples for baking. I use Stayman rather than Grannysmiths.
- Roasted nuts I use hazelnuts though walnuts work too.
- black pepper
- Peel and cut the Apples into small pieces placing them in a nonstick baking dish or a lightly greased baking dish.
- Add enough Honey to coat the Apples.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. A dash of black pepper.
- Add nuts. Mix thoroughly. Bake at 350F until Apples are soft.
- Stir occasionally while cooking to keep Honey mixed and not pooled at the bottom.
- If you want to roast your own nuts.... buy whole nuts and grind in a mortar and pestle.
- Cook over med heat on stove in a pan lightly greased with olive oil.