Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Strudel cu mere
- 2 lbs / 1 kg apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or lard
- shortening for greasing the pan and the dough
- confectioner's sugar
- Peel the apples, grate on the vegetable grater or slice very thinly.
- On the table there is the strudel dough ready to be used.
- Moisten with melted butter or lard.
- Arrange the apples at one end (long end), sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, cover with the edge of the dough and roll like a jelly roll using the table cloth as an aid.
- You get a long roll which you can cut in 2 or 3, depending on the size of your baking pan.
- Arrange in the greased pan, roll next to roll, with a little distance among them.
- Grease the tops with melted butter or lard. Bake until golden brown.
- Cut into serving size portions while still in the pan.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar