APPLE SPICE CRUMB CAKE
Serves: 16 Prep Time: 20 Min(s) Cook Time: 50 Min(s)
APPLE CAKE: 3 c all-purpose flour 2 c sugar 1 Tbsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp. ground ginger 1/4 tsp. baking soda 4 large eggs, slightly beaten 1-1/4 c Hellmann's� or Best Foods� Real Mayonnaise 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped CRUMB TOPPING: 1 c all-purpose flour 3/4 c sugar 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon 1/2 c Hellmann's� or Best Foods� Real Mayonnaise
1. For Apple Cake, preheat oven to 350�. Grease 13 x 9 baking pan; set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda; set aside.
3. In med bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs, Hellmann's� or Best Foods� Real Mayonnaise and vanilla until smooth.
4. Toss apples with flour mixture, then stir in mayonnaise mixture until combined. Dough will be stiff. Evenly spread into prepared pan.
5. For Crumb Topping, in medium bowl, combine all ingredients. With fingers, gently squeeze flour mixture to form crumbs; evenly sprinkle over batter.
6. Bake 50 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and crumbs are golden. On wire rack, cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories 410, Calories From Fat 170, Saturated Fat 3, Trans Fat 0, Total Fat 19, Cholesterol 60, Sodium 330, Total Carbohydrates 58, Sugars 33, Dietary Fiber 1, Protein 5
Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers.
Rainer Maria Rilke