Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1½ pounds apples
- 5 whole cloves
- 2½ quarts water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Simmer apple peels, cloves, cinnamon and water 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over cored apple halves.
- Retain broth, but discard peels and spices.
- Add apple slices and wine.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Pureé apple mixture in blender, adding cornstarch and curry powder during processing.
- Pour into saucepan.
- Stir in cream, sugar, butter and salt.
- Boil over medium heat until thickened.
- Serve hot.